All rules are merely clarifications to uphold the Constitution of the group
which was ratified by popular vote.
1. No sexual
relations while using child avatars. This is a big no-no and breaks lots of
official rules within SL and RL. Just don't do it. No overtly lewd behaviour, no
visible genitalia, no prim breasts or nipples, no active Xcite, no nudity or
semi nudity. If you don't know if what you're doing is acceptable, ask a GM or
Security Team officer. This is an offence that will immediately result in a ban,
regardless of who you are.
2. Respect others. Out of Character disrespect or harassment will not be
tolerated. Keep things constructive. We all work together and we need to treat
everyone with respect. If you have a problem with someone, deal with it on your
own terms - without griefing. Do not expect the GMs to step into every conflict.
Do not go behind the person's back and try to give them a bad rep. Talk to them
3. If you have a problem with a GM, New Member Minister, Roleplay Organizer, or
Security Team Member, please come to another GM for it to be addressed. All
complaints are treated 100% confidential.
4. By being in our sim, you agree to abide by our rules. We will first give you
a warning, then a 24 hour ban, then a week ban before we permanently ban you. We
reserve the right to permanently ban you immediately if you are actively
griefing or being excessively offensive. All bans may be appealed through the GM
5. a. Please understand that the behavior of someone in-character and inside of
roleplay does not represent their actual beliefs and attitude. Please remember
to always keep in-character and out-of-character separate.
b. This is a roleplaying sim. While the public areas are "light" RP areas, we
will still have people roleplaying in them. Diagon Alley is a low RP area, the
rest is high RP. Please stay in character. If you want to have a conversation
OOC, please take it to IMs or go to Diagon Alley.
6. In "light" roleplaying areas, a variety of non-roleplaying avatars are
accepted but roleplayers reserve the right to limit interaction with non-canon
characters. However, elsewhere in the sim, only the following avatars are
* Humans wearing appropriate clothing
* Other special characters that are approved on a case-by-case basis through the
New Members Ministry. These special characters are constrained by canon within
J.K. Rowling's universe.
7. No particle emitters are to be left around. No explosions, chat spammy objects,
self-rezzing objects, and other usage of items meant to grief others, harass
others, or crash the sim. If you rez something, please pick it up. If you
repeatedly leave behind objects, you will be approached by the Chief Engineer.
8. NO HARASSMENT. Like the Second Life TOS, we have a no-tolerance policy on
harassment. Don't do it. This goes back to the #1 rule of respecting others. Our
definition of harassment is persistently using threatening, degrading, or
offensive language toward or about another player, out of character.
9. No metagaming or godmoding. Metagaming is using out-of-character information
in-character and vice-versa. Godmoding is either roleplaying your character with
special abilities not on your character sheet or forcing an action on another
10. a. You must roleplay out all spells but may also use visual effects. All
spells used in roleplay that have physical effect (ex: immobilization, caging,
push, etc), must be approved by the target in advance.
b. You may only use those spells that are on the approved spell list & that your
character could use (e.g. 4th yrs can only cast 4 yr spells and below).
c. Avada Kedavra cannot be used by anyone unless Danton Thirroul has given you
his written permission. Please read the spell list for further clarification on
11. Under certain circumstances players may be asked by the Chief Engineer or
Security to remove, or refrain from using, scripted devices or objects that
interfere with sim performance hamper the community experience, or are in
violation of the Second Life TOS. All on the sim are under obligation to
cooperate with sim staff to ensure an equitable play experience.
12. NO begging for money, loans, free items, free rent etc. If you need money,
please buy some from LL.
Back to top